pspp-users

Re: how to delete a case in PSPP file

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: how to delete a case in PSPP file
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 13:43:20 -0600

Using the PSPPIRE Data Editor (the "data window") select "Data View" at
the bottom left (if it's not already selected) and select your case and
choose "Edit > Clear Case" and the cases will be deleted.

I usually prefer syntax because if you save the syntax, it makes the
analysis replicable and provides some record of what you did.

You would probably use SELECT IF to select the remaining data:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/es/SSLVMB_24.0.0/spss/base/syn_select_if_overview.html

You can also use FILTER (and other commands) to exclude cases from
specific analyses.

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly
stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was
astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

-- Mark Twain