pspp-users

Re: Warnings exceed limit

From: Frans Houweling
Subject: Re: Warnings exceed limit
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 20:45:33 +0100

I'm sorry for missing Alan's point.
I wasn't aware of the difference between notes and warnings. But summary notes ad the end of procedures seem a perfect solution to me.
Thanks
frans

On 11/16/19 8:00 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
In some of these cases, I think that PSPP could issue fewer warnings.
For example, when GET DATA finds bad data, it is probably useful to
issue one warning, but it might not be valuable to issue 100 warnings.
Perhaps it should simply summarize ("found 325 additional invalid
observations") or the details could be put into notes instead of
warnings. Would that make better sense? I don't know what SPSS does in
similar circumstances.

When PSPP actually does issue warnings for good reasons, honoring
MXWARNS is a matter of compatibility with SPSS. It's possible to turn
the MXWARNS feature off, I believe, with SET.