pspp-users

Re: PSPP crashed

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: PSPP crashed
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 12:49:00 -0500

That is a drag.

If you saved the data, the saved file should have survived the crash. If
not, then probably not.

Also, to have any hope of having the developers examine the crash, they
would also need more information like the operating system you are using
and the version of PSPP, and what you were doing. There have been bugs
that caused crashes when entering data in prior versions of PSPP.

You might consider entering the data into a spreadsheet and reading it
into (or pasting it into) PSPP. IIRC, PSPP reads OpenOffice ODS format
directly and should read CSV exported from Excel.

-Alan

On 10/4/2019 12:23 PM, Alyssa Smith wrote:
> I was working on an assignment for my class and during the middle of the
> assignment PSPP crashed, is there any way I could recover the lost data
> that I was working on?

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

"You're an interesting species. An interesting mix.
You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such
horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off,
so alone, only you're not. See, in all our
searching, the only thing we've found that makes
the emptiness bearable, is each other."

-- Carl Sagan, Contact