pspp-users

Re: Re: installation of 2016-01-24/pspp-090+20160124-snapshot-64bits-set

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: installation of 2016-01-24/pspp-090+20160124-snapshot-64bits-setup.exe
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 22:12:28 +0100

Hi ftr;

To control the hash value I installed the file checksum tool but dont
get to execute its 4th step.

> Start the tool from where you have saved the downloaded file.
> Section "1) File to Verify": Insert the path and filename of the downloaded file. The [Browse] button will help to locate it with the Windows Explorer.
> Section "2) Hashing Algorithm": Choose "SHA-256" or "MD5".
> Section "3) File Checksum": Click on [Calculate Hash].
> Section "4) Verify With": Paste the hash from the SHA256 / MD5 file you have downloaded.
> First you have to open it and copy the hash value.

When I click on the downloaded file it starts to
setup !

I guess I miss something.

TIA
ftr

Have a look at
http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Verifying%20downloaded%20files/
You can copy/paste the checksums from sourceforge.

In the current versions of the MSWindows package build these checksums are not included asĀ  files, I will include the checksum files for the .exe files in upcoming builds for easier checksum checking.

Have fun