pspp-users

Re: PSPP Help

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: PSPP Help
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 12:21:05 -0600

Ed and PSPP users,

Whoops.  I am mistaken about this:

> About compute and dummy coding, that's also not available through the
> PSPP GUI but I have never found the SPSS GUI particularly easy...
> Wouldn't it be easier to just write a snippet of code to do this? BTW,
> I use recode statements:

In my version of PSPP (which is the latest Windows version) there is a
"Transform" option on the data window with dialogs to use both compute
and recode.  So, if you can switch to using recodes, you can do this in
the GUI.

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

Announcing the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing (JCAT), a
peer-reviewed electronic journal designed to advance the science and
practice of computerized adaptive testing: http://www.iacat.org/jcat