pspp-users

Unrecognized record type 7, subtype 18 encountered in system file

From: news
Subject: Unrecognized record type 7, subtype 18 encountered in system file
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 12:28:58 +0100

Hi,

I try to read a basic sav file into R Deducer and stumble upon a series of errors.

In Deducer R produces the error message:
Unrecognized record type 7, subtype 18 encountered in system file.
It seems that there is superfluous file info in the save file which this error message shows and which I tried to find to eliminate it.

Finding - some - ideas in StackOverflow I tried to see system & variable information through theĀ  DISPLAY command in PSPP.
DISPLAY ATTRIBUTES produces no output at all, no error message in the output window, nothing, just a white page, and the command is not shown in the left pane of the output window.
The same is true for DISPLAY LABELS, and other DISPLAY commands.

Any ideas ?

The main question is, of course, how to import the SAV file into R DEDUCER having worked it in PSPP.

TIA

- ftr