pspp-users

Re: problems importing csv files

From: Karl Sinn
Subject: Re: problems importing csv files
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 18:27:48 +0100

Hi,

I tried to read your file into R and it worked with no errors but....
The data is absolutely not usable for any statistics. Sometimes I get values, sometimes labels and also the whole information about the coding is included in this csv file.
For me this looks like a SPSS file in csv-format which is IMO nonsense.

Can you export the data in a different format?
Can you choose to only have variables and data without the coding and label information in the file?

If you will be able to get a "clean" csv, I'm pretty sure pspp won't cause you any more trouble.

Karl