pspp-users

Re: difficulty converting spreadsheet convertion

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: difficulty converting spreadsheet convertion
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:30:29 +0000

I think what Michel meant was for you to post the comma seperated file,
(containing fake data f necessary) rather than the .xls file.  Not everyone
uses Windows so it's best to avoid those formats if you can.

Anyway I took your .xls file and converted it to .csv using OpenOffice.org
and then imported it into psppire using the "File->Import Delimited Text Data"
menuitem.  It seemed to work fine for me.  The only problem was that one cell
in your file contains "xy" instead of a number.  Pspp correctly flags a warning
about this and inserts a "system missing" value for that cell.

Below, is the syntax which Psppire generates for me.  You might find it useful.

GET DATA
  /TYPE=TXT
  /FILE="/home/john/small-sample.csv"
  /IMPORTCASES=ALL