pspp-users

Problems with latest automatic Windows 7 update.

From: Galderisi, Peter
Subject: Problems with latest automatic Windows 7 update.
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:12:31 -0700

It seems that, after working all year (I'm still using 6.1 in my classes),
several glitches started the past week or so.  In particular, the GET FILE
command seems not to operate (a problem my local tech
told me is not just limited to PSPP or SPSS and the like).  I have been able to
resolve the problem for my students in one of two ways"

1.  Sometimes, using " rather than ' to specify the file location and name
works (don't ask me why).

2.  Using the pull down menu to open the data file works.

Other problems:

The 'Run selection' doesn't always work.  I've had my students run an entire
syntax after reopening a fresh copy of a data file.

Is anyone else having this problem?  It's affecting all my students using
Windows 7, but not XP or Vista.

Peter