pspp-users

Re: Git repository

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Git repository
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:51:56 -0700

address@hidden writes:

> The reference to the Git repository has sparked my curiosity.  What is it,
> briefly, please and where can I find out more about it.  Wikipedia is as clear
> as mud on the subject - to me, at any rate.

In addition to what Jason said: Git is a "version control
system".  That means that it helps you keep track of multiple
versions of files, or in this case a whole directories with
nested subdirectories full of files.  It makes available both the
current version and every previous version, along with
information on what changed and why.
--
"The sound of peacocks being shredded can't possibly be
 any worse than the sound of peacocks not being shredded."