pspp-dev

Re: Your automagic screenshots!

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: Your automagic screenshots!
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 13:40:57 -0500

You are probably aware, but the XLSX format used in recent versions of Excel is significantly more accessible (it's a ZIP file containing XML and similar data) than the older XLS format.

Also, it's fairly easy to open an XLS/XLSX file in LibreOffice and save it as CSV, but you can also use LO in a batch mode (Windows/DOS example):

"C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\scalc.exe" --convert-to csv "excel_file.xls"

produces "excel_file.csv" in CSV format.

-Alan