pspp-dev

Re: Makefile.am - nerd question

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: Makefile.am - nerd question
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 23:24:05 +0100

> Am 21.03.2022 um 17:15 schrieb Ben Pfaff <blp@cs.stanford.edu>:
>
> I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly what you're saying.
> Let's be precise. I think there are three versions of the line at
> issue:
> #1: The version before my recent change.
> #2: The version after my recent change.
> #3: The version we would have if we removed the line entirely.
>
> I found that #1 didn't work for me with my autobuilder and that #2
> did. I haven't tried #3.
> Which versions work for you?

I tried #3 and it worked. Did not try the dist target, but BUILT_SOURCES is a
dependency of distdir by default. In order to build the binaries directly as it
was done in the windows build, the dependency is too late in the list of
dependencies, i.e. after the object files such that the compiler already tries
to compile the c files before the headers are build. So I was wondering why the
line is there. It works if do just „make“ but it does not work if you do „make
src/ui/terminal/pspp“ - neither with #2 nor #3.

I just thought that there is an easy explanation for this line that I just dont
see.

Fritz