pspp-dev

Re: phasing out my pages

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: phasing out my pages
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 12:23:59 -0600

According to this website: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/04/28/shorter-letter/

Twain said something remotely related but this quote is better attributed to Pascal. However, it also says I can blame the Chicago Tribune for the misattribution, and I am pleased to do so.

I also have a feeling that people repeat things, so it could also have been said by any number of people.

Some of the quotes that are randomly sampled for my signature are gathered from the Internet and of dubious attribution, but I happen to have just re-read "A Wizard of Earthsea" and I can vouch for today's quote (or something essentially the same). I forget who said it, but it pertains to the main plot of that novel where Ged has to defeat an antagonist described as a "shadow."

-Alan