pspp-dev

Re: require cairo?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: require cairo?
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 11:08:30 +0100

On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 10:31:36PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     Actually the build is already broken without cairo, because the figures
     for the documentation fail to build.

When you say the "figures" are you talking about the images or the examples?

The examples should not require cairo so far as I'm aware (however that
might change if we have examples with graphs in them).

In general,  I'm inclined to agree, that the --without-cairo flag
probably brings more cost than benefit.

Checking that everything builds with all combination of flags becomes
rapidly intractable.  Testing N configure flags, requires having 2^N
nightly builds ...

J'