pspp-dev

Re: Gettext version

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Gettext version
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 20:51:06 +0100

I suppose having waited almost 5 years, then waiting a little longer is
possible.

It would however keeps some third parties happier.  See
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pspp-dev/2020-08/msg00037.html

J'

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 10:15:04AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 6:46 AM John Darrington
     <john@darrington.wattle.id.au> wrote:

     > Gettext 0.21 has finally hit Debian testing.
     >
     > Any objections if we recent Gettext to 0.20 or later?
     > This will allow us to remove some of the ugly workarounds which we have.

     I do like getting rid of workarounds, but I'm not sure that these actually
     burden us now that we have them. Debian stable still has 0.19.mumble.