pspp-dev

Re: Screenshots

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Screenshots
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 09:53:33 +0100

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:11:57AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > There are some comments in doc/doc-make.in, but otherwise there is no
     > documentation.

     Perhaps at least the above should be mentioned somewhere. Maybe
     INSTALL would be an appropriate place.

So long as we have the pngs distributed in the tarball, I don't think that
INSTALL is the right place.  Perhaps I'll add a not to README.Git

     >      For myself, I'm working to get better output into the manuals. I'm
most
     >      of the way toward getting good .png output from the cairo driver. I
think
     >      that I've done the rest of the work already.
     >
     > Using PNGs for pspp output will be okay, for the printed manuals,  but
not so
     > good for somebody using the standalone info reader, or for somebody
browsing
     > the HTML using a text only browser.

     Standalone Info users will still see the text version, since Info has
special
     support for that case. I don't know whether the HTML output by makeinfo has
     such a fallback, but if not, anyone who uses a text-only browser these
days is
     probably savvy enough to look at the output .txt themselves, or to switch
     the Info version.

I think there is a parameter to the @image command where the alt text can be
provided.

J'