pspp-dev

Re: Problem compiling on FreeBSD

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Problem compiling on FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 20:58:56 +0200

This newline seems to have been a mistake.  So I have removed it.

Thanks for reporting it.

J'

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 01:46:31PM -0300, Michel Boaventura wrote:
     Hi,

     I'm having the following problem while compiling pspp to FreeBSD:

     ./configure: 16164: Syntax error: Unexpected end of line in substitution

     looking at this line, I have:

       test x"${pspp_cv_build_exeext}" != xno &&
EXEEXT_FOR_BUILD=${pspp_cv_build_exeex
     t}

     and if I remove this new line everything works.

     This new line seems to came from acinclude.m4 on lines 172-173. If instead
of ./configure I execute
     bash configure it also works, so I'm assuming this is an issue with
FreeBSD's sh.

     Is there a reason for this newline on acinclude.m4? If no, I think we
could remove it to fix this issue.

     Regards