pspp-dev

Re: What I've been working on

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: What I've been working on
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 14:16:35 +0200

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 11:49:14AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     >       Is it time to release the next version of PSPP? Does anyone know
of current
     >      instabilities that would bar release for the moment?
     >
     > It has become apparent that some of my fixes to those recent fuzzing
     > bugs are imperfect and need to be rethought.  I will try to do that
     > within the next week or two.
     >
     > But yes, looking at NEWS, I see that a lot of things have happened since
     > the last release and we need to think about making a new one.

     OK.

     It would be nice to hear from you when you think that the stability
     is high enough again, so that we can do a release then.

I have fixed everything that I'm aware of that needs fixing before a
next release - with one exception:   There'll need to be a 0.5 release
of spread-sheet-widget (currently we're on 0.4).  Perhaps people could
use the version from git https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/ssw.git
for testing for the next few days.

If no more serious bugs are discovered, then I think a release of ssw
and then of pspp is warranted.

J'