pspp-dev

PSPP - Spearman correlation really not available?

From: Diamond Lisa
Subject: PSPP - Spearman correlation really not available?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 10:15:26 +0000

Dear PSPP developers,

First, thanks so much for this program! I am really glad it is available and use it regularly.

One feature I really miss though is the possibility of calculating a rank correlation – I need this so often as I work with a lot of data where the distribution is not normal and every time I start looking around if this is really not possible with PSPP. It seems such a small and basic thing but so far I have not encountered a solution. Is this really the case? I have a hard time believing this as there are so many much more advanced functions available for analysis. Is there maybe a way via the syntax, like with the Kruskal Wallis test and other nonparametric procedures? I see it listed in the manual under “CORR” but there is no information on how to make it happen anywhere and if I set the variable types to “ordinal” I still get a Pearson correlation according to the output.

Another side note is that it would be fantastic if at some point it would be possible to copy directly from the output instead of having to save it first as a different file type – but that is relatively minor while the missing Spearman option is really a problem for me.

Thank you very much for your reply in advance,

Lisa

LISA DIAMOND
Junior Scientist

Center for Technology Experience

AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Giefinggasse 2 | 1210 Vienna | Austria
T +43 50550-4522 | F +43 50550-4599
address@hidden |
http://www.ait.ac.at

FN: 115980 i HG Wien  |  UID: ATU14703506
www.ait.ac.at/Email-Disclaimer