pspp-dev

Re: rc file used by psppire?

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: rc file used by psppire?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 23:09:50 +0200

Hi

My idea behind was that the rc file could be used to change to defaults of psppire. It would be possible to create a link in the MSWindows build so people can edit this file with notepad in a more or less userfriendly way without the need of programming a configuration part.

For PSPP I don think it makes sense as people who use the commandline version will be able to include the settings in there setup.

Have fun

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 09:10:33PM +0200, Harry Thijssen wrote:
> Hi
> ===============
> In the news file (change to 0.6)  I found:
>     * If a syntax file named named `rc' is found in a configuration
>       directory (such as $HOME/.pspp), it is executed before any
>       syntax file specified on the command line.  The -r or
>       --no-statrc command line option may be used to disable this
>       behavior.
>
> In the manual I didn't find it. Does it also work for psppire? I
> played a bit with it but had no result.

The GUI doesn't run an rc file.

> If it is used for psppire, is the filename rc or rc.sps or pspp.rc or
> ..... And any idea where it should be placed in a MSWindows
> environment?

It's just named "rc".  PSPP searches $HOME (the value of the environment
variable HOME) and the current directory.  If there's a better default
for Windows, we can search that too.