pspp-dev

Re: Open source project that needs performance optimizations

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Open source project that needs performance optimizations
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 21:15:07 +0200

[ Moving this discussion to address@hidden since it is not about usage ]

I think that PSPP is already well optimised.  That isn't to say there is never
room for improvement, of course.

There might be opportunities for parallelism.  For example, the merge sort could
be parallised.

Perhaps the GPU could be (mis)used to calculate some of the expensive random
number distributions
which we don't yet support, but I would have to read up about how they work.

J'