pspp-dev

Re: translation edit in English text

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: translation edit in English text
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:30:49 +0100

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 03:48:11PM +0200, Elias Estatistics wrote:
     Dear Devs,

     on the pot file, it is stated:

     #: src/output/measure.c:279
     #, c-format
     msgid "paper size file `%s' does not state a paper size"

     Which as a non native english speaker,  i cannot understand if it
     means "paper size file" (what?)
     or "paper size of file"? or "paper of size file"? what?

     I hope that that this suggestion is correct, otherwise, please
     suggest me to correct my english :)

Many operating systems have a file installed by the system administrator
(typically /etc/papersize) which sets the default size of the paper in
use for the institution (eg "us-letter" or "a4").

This message is a warning that the contents of this file is not understood
by pspp.

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3