pspp-dev

Re: PSPP translation

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP translation
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 19:30:10 +0100

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 08:04:38PM +0200, Elias Estatistics wrote:
     Dear Developers,

     I decided to translate pspp-0.8.5w.pot  in Greek language.

Thats great to hear.

     However, i have the following question:
     I must broken my words too in two pieces?

     What is the usage of this method? examples found inside the file!

     "#: src/ui/gui/data-editor.ui:478
     msgid "ROC Cu_rve..."

     and

     #: src/ui/gui/data-editor.ui:450
     msgid "R_uns..."

     and

     "#: src/ui/gui/data-editor.ui:400
     msgid "Re_liability..."

These examples are strings which appear in the graphical user interface.
The _ before a letter indicates that this letter is a shortcut key.  For
example, "_Data" means that pressing Alt-D will raise the Data menu.

You should try to arrange your translation such that each shortcut key is
unique within the same context (sometimes that can be tricky).

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3