pspp-dev

SPSS file format specification

From: Jonathon Love
Subject: SPSS file format specification
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 15:48:55 -0400

hey pspp devs,

i did just want to commend you lot on the *astonishingly* good job
reverse-engineering and documenting the SPSS file format here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/pspp-dev/html_node/System-File-Format.html#System-File-Format

we're adding SPSS file support to our project (JASP) at the moment, and
we simply could not do it, without such excellent work. i don't think
i've seen such good documentation for an open format, let alone a
proprietary one.

i'm trying to find a way we can credit this work in JASP. is there
someone in particular we should thank?

with thanks

jonathon

--