pspp-dev

Re: pspp gtk3 mswindows

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: pspp gtk3 mswindows
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 12:36:49 -0700

Hi Ben

You are right. I managed to get it switched on. And this is much better.

See the attachement.

This seems acceptable to me. Is this the same on other platforms too?

Have fun

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 08:28:31AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 02:09:14AM -0700, Harry Thijssen wrote:
     > I see a big difference visibility  in PSPP the gtk2 version and the gtk3
     > version. See the attachments. gtk3 is much harder to read.

     It looks like gtk3 doesn't have font antialiasing turned on.

That may be part of the problem.  But even the horizontal and vertical lines are very much
less black than the Gtk2 version - antialiasing would not affect that.

I suspect that the Gtk3 build has got a different text forground colour in its style -
either because we haven't ported it properly - or because the Gtk devs decided to change the default.

Styles in Gtk3 are done a completely different way, which I haven't fully understood yet.
I need to read up on it.

Unfortunately good tutorial documentation is few and far between.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285  A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3