pspp-dev

Reuse of structs

From: John Darrington
Subject: Reuse of structs
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 07:30:14 +0100

There are a number of definitions of what seem to be very similar
structs, which are used for similar purpose, viz:

In crosstabs.q:

/* A single table entry for general mode. */
struct table_entry
  {
    struct hmap_node node;      /* Entry in hash table. */
    double freq;                /* Frequency count. */
    union value values[1];      /* Values. */
  };

In freq.h:

/* Frequency table entry. */
struct freq
  {
    struct hmap_node hmap_node; /* Element in hash table. */
    union value value;          /* The value. */
    double count;               /* The number of occurrences of the value. */
  };

and in piechart.h:

struct slice
  {
    struct string label;
    double magnitude;
  };

I don't know what extent we can re-use the code which accesses these structs,
but I think
it would be beneficial to keep that option open and combine these definitions
into one common
definition.

What do you think?

J'