pspp-dev

Re: index.theme

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: index.theme
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 15:27:14 -0800

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 08:33:24PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:
> When cross-compiling PSPP for MSWindows I miss the file
> share/icons/hicolor/index.theme
>
> Don't know what is best. I can copy the file from my installation and
> include it in the package or should the standard build process of pspp
> generate this file so I can include it?

It looks to me that this file is part of the theme.  As I understand it,
the theme is part of the GTK+ (GNOME?) installation.  For example, on my
Debian GNU/Linux system, most of the index.theme files are part of gnome
packages.  PSPP does supply some icons that can be installed into a
system theme to allow the PSPP file types to represented appropriately.
But PSPP does not supply its own theme, so I don't think that it's
PSPP's place to supply a theme index, because it isn't supplying the
theme itself.

(This is based on a very cursory look around documentation and my own
system.  Maybe I am wrong.)