pspp-dev

Re: Re: Re: Windows PSPPIRE/PSPP is pretty wonky (Harry Thijssen)

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Windows PSPPIRE/PSPP is pretty wonky (Harry Thijssen)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 19:53:20 +0100

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 07:36:04PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:

     > > Regarding the 99999 issue, I certainly don't get that on GNU/Linux - my
     > > guess is that
     > > Windows has rounding issues and is miscalculating 300 as
     > > 299.99999999999999 (the left
     > > hand side is off the page).
     > >

     > Maybe it is possible to round it when used on the axis.

The question is, to what precision do we round it?  That is a non-trivial
problem to solve in the general case.

Having looked at it for some time, I have concluded that the only real solution
it to do all the arithmetic relating to the axes in a decimal rather than a
binary floating point system.

I have the start of a patch somewhere which I will try to resurrect and get
working properly.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3