pspp-dev

Re: How to work on the pspp code?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: How to work on the pspp code?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:58:59 +0200

Hi Fritz,

That's essentially how I work too.  But with a slight modification.
On my machine I have a /Scratch directory (which doesn't get backed up)

So I do:

mkdir /Scratch/some-task
cd /Scratch/some-task
$HOME/pspp-master/configure --prefix=$(mktemp -d -p /Scratch) CFLAGS="-O0 -g"
make
make install

That way I keep my $HOME free from clutter I don't need to backup.

J'