pspp-dev

Re: some german translations not shown in the application

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: some german translations not shown in the application
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:45:01 +0200

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 10:08:11PM +0200, Matthias Keil wrote:
     Dear PSPP developer, my name is Matthias Keil. I??m one of the
     translators for the German package of PSPP.

     Another translator noticed that some German translations are not
     displayed in the application. He has marked the missing entries
     in the current PO file (pspp-0.8.2.1.de.po) with the translator
     comments ("not shown in application" or "not shoen in output").

     We would like to clarify what it is that these entries are not displayed.

     Thanks in advance

     Matthias Keil

Hi,

Thanks for the work keeping the translation current.

So far as I can see, all the strings commented as you describe are either
obsolete
(tagged with #~) or fuzzy (tagged with "#, fuzzy").  These will not appear in
the
application.  Obsolete ones you can delete if you like (they are there just in
case
the string ever gets resurrected).  You should remove the "fuzzy" tags (after
checking
that the translation is correct, of course).

However, I am rather interested to know why the po template for 0.8.3 is not at
translationproject.org   - Somehow it must have got missed.  Ben, can you
explain that?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3