pspp-dev

Re: PSPPire UI mockup

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: PSPPire UI mockup
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 16:03:51 -0800

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 12:06:27PM -0800, Basti??n D??az wrote:
> Eg.  ??? ignore the option column alignment (left-aligned set by
> default). The column alignment option is useful in normal view,
> because it basically works with numbers, however, when there are label
> values ??????is not useful because columns lose legibility (center and
> right).  ??? Addition to the above, the numerical values ??????are
> aligned to the right (string variables are aligned to the left like
> labels)

I think that you are saying that, when value labels are shown, the
alignment for columns that have value labels should be ignored.  Is that
correct?  So, in a column with value labels, you suggest that both
labels and numbers should be shown left-aligned?

> These changes would improve the functioning of PSPP, without
> interfering negatively with the classic behavior of SPSS:

I am definitely in favor of that.

> http://www.stata.com/features/overview/data-editor/

Many of the features mentioned at that URL are ones that I would like to
implement in PSPP(IRE) too.