pspp-dev

Re: About syntax file icon

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: About syntax file icon
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 20:24:02 -0700

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 08:20:31PM -0700, Basti?n D?az wrote:
> Working on improvements for the images to mimetype in psppire, I got
> to thinking about the usefulness of an image for syntax files. On
> Linux and OS X at least, the image is not used (to be recognized as
> plain text) and MS Windows only has an aesthetic value, since a user
> can not open a syntax file directly in psppire.

Why can't a user open a syntax file directly in psppire?  Invoking
PSPPIRE with a syntax file on the command line brings up the syntax file
in PSPPIRE, and I would think that Windows could do that (older versions
could, I believe).

> Do you think that I should keep an image for syntax files?

I see no harm in keeping an image for syntax files, as long as it
doesn't take up your time unnecessarily.