pspp-dev

Re: "psppsheet" branch ready for wider testing

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: "psppsheet" branch ready for wider testing
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 10:24:41 -0700

Thanks John.  Here's my revised list of to-do items with those
added:

Windows
-------

%'d doesn't work.

Both sheets
-----------

Using the arrow keys to move among column head buttons triggers "**
WARNING **: Internal button not found" if you move off-screen.

Clicking on the top left button (the one labeled "Cases" in the Data
View or "Variables" in the Variable View, should select the entire
sheet.  (Reported by John Darrington.)

Copying from psppire seems to work ok.  Pasting to it does not.  Also
I expected Edit|Cut to clear the selected area.  (Reported by John
Darrington.)

Primary Selection: Seems to be missing.  (Reported by John
Darrington.)

Switching between Data and Variable view causes the Toolbar to be
redrawn. I guess that's ok.  But it redraws in a funny way.  It seems
to redraw, then insert the buttons one by one, redrawing after each.
Looks distracting.  (Reported by John Darrington.)

Data sheet
----------

Tab and Shift+Tab should skip over the "new variable" column to the
next or previous row.  (Reported by John Darrington.)

The case buttons at the head of each row should not scroll with the
rest of the row.  (Reported by John Darrington.)

The space to the right of the "new variable" column doesn't look like
the SPSS sheet or like a normal spreadsheet.  (Reported by John
Darrington and Michel Boaventura.)

I think a solid line or some kind of separator beneath the data
sheet's entry/label hbox would make the appearance nicer.  (Reported
by John Darrington and Michel Boaventura.)

If I click on Insert Case, the new case assumes the value of the cell
which is currently selected.  It should have all values empty.
(Reported by John Darrington.)

Variable sheet

Double-clicking on variable names still processes a click after
switching sheets.

In the variable sheet changes effected by popup menus don't appear in
the sheet until the mouse rolls over that row.  (Reported by John
Darrington.)

Changing a variable's type to Custom Currency causes a a crash:
psppire: /home/john/pspp-sheet/src/data/format.c:671:
fmt_max_decimals: Assertion `use == FMT_FOR_OUTPUT' failed.  (Reported
by John Darrington.)