pspp-dev

Re: PSPP Errors on Vista

From: Duncan Hsu
Subject: Re: PSPP Errors on Vista
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 07:11:40 -0600

On 2/29/2012 3:28 AM, Harry Thijssen wrote:
Basically, I have trouble using PSPP on Windows Vista - version v0.7.2 seems to
be fine. But v0.7.8 and v0.7.9 seems to have problem on the GUI part.
I described the details at:
http://ittidbit.blogspot.com/2012/02/problem-pspp-on-windows-vista.html
Describing it here would make things much easier.

Anyway, did you take care that the old PSPP version are completely
removed before installing the 0.7.9 version? Not only uninstalling,
but check if the directories are removed, if not remove them before
installing.

Can you run you .sps file with PSPP.exe version 0.7.9 and report your
findings? 0.7.2 and 0.7.8 are outdated there won't be any update on
it.
I tried with 0.7.9 (2012-2-16 from http://pspp.awardspace.com/) and the PSPP.exe
runs just fine. The psppire.exe crash at the very beginning.

If you use PSPPIRE, start it from a console with ' "c:\program
files\pspp\bin\psppire.exe">  pspplog.txt ' After it is crashed look
in pspplog.txt if there is a message what the problem is.

Have fun
Forgot about this one. I will do it tonight and report back - sorry.