pspp-dev

Re: Fwd: Buggy PSPP translation

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Fwd: Buggy PSPP translation
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 13:59:26 +0000

I'm not sure what this user is trying to point out.
The screenshot seems quite normal to me, except the obvious point that there is
a mixture
of English, French and Dutch translations.

This would be normal behaviour if for example the LANGUAGE environment variable
is set similar to fr:nl which would be a common setting in Belgium.  Here, the
prefered language is French, second is Dutch and a fallback to the C local
language (English) If you take a look at the page
http://translationproject.org/domain/pspp.html
you will see that the French translation is less than 1/3 complete, the Dutch
translation is better, but there are still some strings missing, so this would
explain the result that this screenshot shows.

If only English strings are preferred, then  the user can have that, by setting
LC_MESSAGES=C

J'

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 08:17:14AM -0400, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
     Seems there might be a i18n/l10n/g..n hiccup this past week. Anything
obvious get changed this week?