pspp-dev

Re: [vertaling] PSPP quote style

From: Hendrik Maryns
Subject: Re: [vertaling] PSPP quote style
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:16:46 +0200

Dear John and others,

Is it really necessary to abuse the grave accent as a quote?  With
Unicode, there are specific symbols for quotes: ‘ and ’ or even “ and ”,
and for other languages also.

Is there any specific reason why we have to use ASCII, apart from ‘this
is a code convention from the 80s’?

Cheers, H.

--
Hendrik Maryns