pspp-dev

reg_sweep

From: John Darrington
Subject: reg_sweep
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:43:07 +0000

I made an initial attempt to implement a repeated measures anova.   From that,
some questions arose about the reg_sweep function:

1. The comment says:
  /*
   LAST_COL is considered to be the final column in the augmented matrix,
   that is, the column to the right of the '=' sign of the system.
   */

  If I understand the theory correct, this should read "to the LEFT of the =
sign" ??

2. Results from my initial experiments suggest that:

   a) In order to  do a factorial anova, we would need to run reg_sweep N times
where
      N is this number of factor variables.

   b) We need to add another variable to reg_sweep to tell it which variable
we're currently
      interested in.

3. reg_sweep can't be used to calculate the intercept.

Do we need to do some extra work on reg_sweep, or am I using it wrong?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3