pspp-dev

Re: Re: new ideas for how to contribute to PSPP (Charles Stangor)

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: new ideas for how to contribute to PSPP (Charles Stangor)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:51:59 +0200

Well, it could be much better these days and it can be that I didn't
do the right things then. But from what I have seen I needed an X11
server on top of Windows and Cygwin uses the Windows registry to
register its dll. The result is a heavy installation which can only be
installed with administrator rights. Especially the mandatory use of
an X11 server is not windows like. Besides I had to merge forks to get
all the functionality which was needed.

But if somebody wants to try it, I am happy to answer any questions
with the knowledge I have.

Have fun