pspp-dev

Re: unnormalized covariances

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: unnormalized covariances
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 11:24:29 -0800

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> I need to use the "un-normalized" covariances for the
> regression, meaning just dot products, not divided by
> sample sizes. Does anyone mind if I add the following functions
> to covariance.c?

Seems fine to me.  I didn't look them over in detail.

Can the "normalized" covariances be implemented by calling one of
these functions and then doing a division (etc.)?  If so then
it's usually best to do that sort of thing, to avoid duplicating
code.
--
"Term, holidays, term, holidays, till we leave school,
 and then work, work, work till we die."