pspp-dev

Re: suggestion

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: suggestion
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:22:50 -0800

Harry Thijssen <address@hidden> writes:

> I would love too if the latest manual in html (or pdf) format was in
> the tarball. Meanwhile your idea of including the html manual in the
> package is good. I will include the latest pspp.html in the MSWindows
> package build.

It does seem reasonable to me to install and use HTML
documentation with a regular web browser for the GUI help,
instead of trying to interface with Yelp.  John, I seem to recall
that this was suggested before and you had some comment on why it
wasn't a good idea.  Do you remember what that was?

> Ps. I guess the project is still in need for someone who can update
> the documentation.

What's wrong with the documentation?  I think that it is
generally accurate.
--
"[Modern] war is waged by each ruling group against its own subjects,
 and the object of the war is not to make or prevent conquests of territory,