pspp-dev

do_summary_box() bugs?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: do_summary_box() bugs?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:27:49 -0800

The "Clang" static analyzer found what looks to me like a bug in
do_summary_box(), in npar-summary.c.

It reports that "desc" can be a null pointer when it is
dereferenced in the "for" loop at the end.  Indeed, it looks to
me as if it can be, as long as "desc" can be null, and the code
itself thinks that it can be, since it tests whether it is
nonnull.

On my own, I think I see another problem: the code appears to add
headings for quartiles, but I do not see any code that would
insert the quartiles themselves.

Let me know what you think.  I'm happy to file a bug report if
that's what you want.
--
"Because computer source code is an expressive means for the exchange
 of information and ideas about computer programming, we hold that it