pspp-dev

Fw: PSPP Suggestion

From: Jason Salas
Subject: Fw: PSPP Suggestion
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 22:29:32 -0800 (PST)

Sir/Madam:

Before anything else, I'd like first to introduce myself... I'm Jason Salas, a freelance statistician and an MBA student here in Philippines.

I'd like to express my great appreciation in finding the statistical software PSPP which is almost similar to SPSS.  Upon getting familiar with SPSS, I found four (4) modules in it that are very useful namely: 1)  Descriptive Statistics; 2) Compare Means; 3) Correlate - Bivariate; and 4) Linear Regression - Stepwise Method.

However, the last 2 modules: 3) Correlate - Bivariate; and 4) Linear Regression - Stepwise Method are not available is PSPP.  In Linear Regression in PSPP, only Enter Method is being used and not the Stepwise Method which is available in SPSS.

With these, can I request and suggest that these two modules be made available in PSPP soon?  PSPP would be greatly helpful and be appreciated more by advanced statisticians if these two modules are available.  I take the initiative to suggest this to your developers if no one else will do.  I have a positive outlook that PSPP will outsmart other statistical software if it has these two very indispensable modules.

I'm looking forward to hear from you very soon.

Thanks and best regards,

Jason Salas