pspp-dev

Re: Reading Gtk-Builder files:

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Reading Gtk-Builder files:
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 10:03:57 -0700

> 1.  I don't know if the new glade version works properly with all the custom
>     widgets that we have.  Such as psppire-keypad psppire-dictview etc.

OK, I guess we'll have to test that.

> 2.  Last time I checked, xgettext was incapable of extracting the translatable
>     strings from .ui files.  If we don't get that working, then half of the
>     GUI won't get translated.

Just now I tried "xgettext --output=- --language=glade
src/ui/gui/crosstabs.ui" and the output looked very similar to
that of "xgettext --output=- src/ui/gui/crosstabs.glade".  So I
think that xgettext will work OK, since the UI format is similar
enough to the Glade format, but it needs to be told that they are
Glade files.
--
"I don't want to learn the constitution and the declaration of
 independence (marvelous poetry though it be) by heart, and worship the