pspp-dev

how to build pspp for windows with mingw?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: how to build pspp for windows with mingw?
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:11:45 -0700

Hi Michel.  I'm currently in the process of setting up a bunch of
PSPP autobuilders for various operating systems and
architectures.  You can see my progress at
http://benpfaff.org:8010/waterfall

I'd like to include mingw32 in the autobuilder because, in
practice, it causes more trouble than any other single build
environment.  Would you mind summarizing for me how you build
PSPP for mingw currently?  Do you use a cross-compiler or build
on Windows?  How do you create the installer?  For what it's
worth, I am hoping to do cross-compiles from Fedora Core 11,
using the hints at the following webpage to create the installer:

http://camltastic.blogspot.com/2008/10/mingw-compile-software-for-windows.html
But I could use your advice on what is likely to work well.

If you have a working build script of some kind, that would be
perfect.

Thanks,

Ben.
--