pspp-dev

Re: PSPP on translationproject

From: Erwin Poeze
Subject: Re: PSPP on translationproject
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:37:56 +0200

Op maandag 29-06-2009 om 13:17 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Ben Pfaff:
> Some of PSPP's translators have expressed interest in translating
> GNU PSPP via translationproject.org.  I had a look around the
> translationproject website and this sounds like a good idea to
> me.  The only thing that I don't see there is, how do I get my
> project added?  So I'm writing to you on the assumption that that
> is the right thing to do.

Hello Ben,

PSPP and its translators are welcome to the TP. One thing of importance
is that *all* translations are handled through the TP teams. That means
that translators of current languages will have to join the TP to
proceed translating PSPP. Joining a TP language team is no big hurdle
and if one or two translators really don't want to join a TP language
team, we will mark that language 'external' and you have to handle it
yourself.

> How can PSPP get started with translationproject?

If you specify a contact email address, the website
(http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/pspp.html I suppose) and the link to
the relevant tarball, then we will do the rest. If you  release a new
version, just drop us a mail including the link to the new tarball and
we will update it all.

> PSPP does require disclaimers from its translators.

That is up to you. You do not need to require a translation disclaimer.
For the TP project it is of no real importance and it is can be a
(small) hurdle to get to program translated, especially if you do not
require one at this moment.

> Thanks,

Your welcome.

Regards,