pspp-dev

Re: master x stable

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: master x stable
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:03:49 -0800

Michel Boaventura <address@hidden> writes:

> 2009/2/23 Ben Pfaff <address@hidden>:
>> I don't understand the "why" part of your question.
>
> My doubt is when the new features included on master will be included
> to stable, or if at some point the actual master branch will became
> the stable branch, because it has a lot of new features.

At some point, we will decide that "master" has enough new
features, and is high-enough quality, to release as the next
version of PSPP, which will be version 0.8 or version 1.0
(depending on the number of new features).  Then, "master" will
become "stable", and we will start a new "master" branch from the
same point.
--
"...I've forgotten where I was going with this,
 but you can bet it was scathing."