pspp-dev

Stable 20090129 compiled to windows

From: Michel Boaventura
Subject: Stable 20090129 compiled to windows
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 20:12:27 -0200

I've compiled it to windows and make an installer with all
dependencies. The link to download it is:

http://www.cecaps.ufmg.br/pspp/files/setup-pspp-20090129.exe

I don't see any problem with the installation of it, and the
relocatable issue was solved.
psppire doesn't show the dos windows, and pspp shows it, so the
configure flags PSPP_LDFLAGS and PSPPIRE_LDFLAGS
works flawless.

We still have problems with lack of strnlen on mingw api and lack of
the flags "-lwsock32 -lws2_32". I've workaround this issue
compiling strnlen from gnu to mingw and saving it as libstrnlen.a and
then use LDFLAG="-lwsock32 -lws2_32 -lstrnlen".

Other issue is that the program doesn't deal with Latin characters,
like "çãü" both in filename and label/var name.

I guess before release 0.6.2 we should add the option to pspp receive
an filename as argument and try to see what we can do to solve
issues with those characters, because at least on Brazil, 80% of all
files use it =/.

Best regards,

Michel