pspp-dev

[patch #6245] Perl Module

From: John Darrington
Subject: [patch #6245] Perl Module
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 06:02:36 +0000

Follow-up Comment #9, patch #6245 (project pspp):

I was simplifying slightly when I said that MakeMaker has no uninstall
target.  It has one, which prints a message asserting that uninstalling things
is dangerous and must not be attempted. So far as I can see, there's not even
a "force" option.

It is, no doubt, possible to circumvent MakeMaker's paranoia, but then I'd
end up having to hack a lot of the perl infrastructure.  Given the current
state of affairs, I decided that the best way to conform to both the perl and
gnits standards is not to automatically install the module.

Had I known at the outset everything I know now, I have chosen not to use
MakeMaker, but that's just how things worked out ...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6245>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/