pspp-dev

Re: status report

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: status report
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:51:57 +0900

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 10:46:53PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     I've been spending a considerable amount of time in the last few
     days on getting the PSPP nightly test build and snapshot upload
     working.  There is still some work left on that.  In particular,
     I want to automatically build and upload binaries for a few
     different platforms:

             * Generic GNU/Linux, as a relocatable .tar.gz.

             * Debian packages, for sure, since that's what I use.

             * Fedora packages, probably, because they provide a
               utility (called Mock) for building Fedora packages in a
               chroot.

             * OpenSUSE packages, maybe, there is an online build
               service at http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service that
               may provide what is needed.

             * MinGW, maybe, if I can get a cross-compiler and,
               especially, libraries set up properly.  (I had these
               working once but it's probably all bit-rotted by now.)

             * Any others, that someone requests, for which I can
               obtain or borrow suitable build resources.

I've got a cross compiler and libraries configured for solaris-sparc.
I also have  a couple of (very old and slow) machines to test it on.

GNU/Hurd would be nice too.

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3