pspp-dev

Re: documentation for ADD FILES and UPDATE

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: documentation for ADD FILES and UPDATE
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:19:37 +0900

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 08:33:13PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     [sending this to pspp-users too in the hope that some users will
     comment on this documentation]

     I'm working on the ADD FILES and UPDATE commands.  I'm hoping for
     some pre-review of the documentation for them.  I'm having
     trouble telling whether it is sufficiently clear.  Here is the
     patch that I have at the moment.

     Probably, at the very least, it needs some examples.

It seems clear enough to me.  One small problem I noticed:

+width.Variables are matched after renaming with the RENAME

there seems to be a space missing here.

On the subject of MATCH FILES,  currently pspp won't accept MATCH
FILES if there is no active dataset, whereas this is accepted by spss
(although one can't then use the * operator).

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3